There are huge amounts of digital data all around us…
…that need to be effectively organized!
In the Laboratory of Data Intensive Systems and Applications (DISA), we study and develop modern techniques for effective and efficient data management:
- Similarity-based indexing and searching
- Content-based multimedia processing
- Distributed data organization
To get a quick idea about our research, you may try some of our demo applications:
- November 9, 2015: Book: Big Data a NoSQL databáze
David Novák is a co-author of a recently published book (in Czech). Holubová Irena, Kosek Jiří, Minařík Karel, Novák David: Big Data a NoSQL databáze. Grada, 2015. Google Books
- October 26-29, 2015: ACIVS 2015 in Catania, Italy
Jakub Valcik is presenting a regular paper Improving Kinect-Skeleton Estimation
- October 12-14, 2015: SISAP 2015 in Glasgow, Great Britain
Pavel Zezula, Jan Sedmidubsky and Petr Elias will present one regular and two short papers at SISAP conference
- September 22, 2015: Seminar of DISA Laboratory (PV253) again starts in Autumn 2015!
Seminar takes place each Tuesday between 8:00–10:00 in A218.