There are huge amounts of digital data all around us…
…that need to be effectively organized!
In the Laboratory of Data Intensive Systems and Applications (DISA), we study and develop modern techniques for effective and efficient data management:
- Similarity-based indexing and searching
- Content-based multimedia processing
- Distributed data organization
To get a quick idea about our research, you may try some of our demo applications:
- August 9-13, 2015: SIGIR 2015 in Santiago, Chile
David Novak is presenting a demo paper Large-scale Image Retrieval using Neural Net Descriptors
- May 18-22, 2015: Visiting researcher in Pisa, Italy
David Novak is sharing his research experience at National Research Council (CNR) in Pisa
- May 20-21, 2015: Meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark
Pavel Zezula is giving an invited tutorial on scalable similarity search
- February 17, 2015: Seminar of DISA Laboratory (PV253) again starts in Spring 2015!
Seminar takes place each Tuesday between 10:00–12:00 in A218.