There are huge amounts of digital data all around us…
…that need to be effectively organized!
In the Laboratory of Data Intensive Systems and Applications (DISA), we study and develop modern techniques for effective and efficient data management:
- Similarity-based indexing and searching
- Content-based multimedia processing
- Distributed data organization
To get a quick idea about our research, you may try some of our demo applications:
- February 17, 2015: Seminar of DISA Laboratory (PV253) again starts in Spring 2015!
Seminar takes place each Tuesday between 10:00–12:00 in A218.
- December 10-12, 2014: IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia 2014 in Taichung, Taiwan
David Mera is presenting a paper Towards Fast Multimedia Feature Extraction:
Hadoop or Storm
- October 29-31, 2014: SISAP Conference in Los Cabos, Mexico
Pavel Zezula participates as a Steering Committee member
- October 10, 2014: EAI blog paper based on Pavel Zezula Infoscale paper
The BIG Data Problem: A Step Closer to the Solution – link