There are huge amounts of digital data all around us…
…that need to be effectively organized!
In the Laboratory of Data Intensive Systems and Applications (DISA), we study and develop modern techniques for effective and efficient data management:
- Similarity-based indexing and searching
- Content-based multimedia processing
- Distributed data organization
To get a quick idea about our research, you may try some of our demo applications:
- September 22, 2015: Seminar of DISA Laboratory (PV253) again starts in Autumn 2015!
Seminar takes place each Tuesday between 8:00–10:00 in A218.
- October 26-29, 2015: ACIVS 2015 in Catania, Italy
Jakub Valcik is presenting a regular paper Improving Kinect-Skeleton Estimation
- October 12-14, 2015: SISAP 2015 in Glasgow, Great Britain
One regular and two short papers will be presented at SISAP conference
- September 2015–January 2016: Visiting researcher in Amherst, USA
David Novak is sharing his research experience at University of Massachusetts in Amherst
- August 9-13, 2015: SIGIR 2015 in Santiago, Chile
David Novak is presenting a demo paper Large-scale Image Retrieval using Neural Net Descriptors
- May 18-22, 2015: Visiting researcher in Pisa, Italy
David Novak is sharing his research experience at National Research Council (CNR) in Pisa
- May 20-21, 2015: Meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark
Pavel Zezula is giving an invited tutorial on scalable similarity search