There are huge amounts of digital data all around us…
…that need to be effectively organized!
In the Laboratory of Data Intensive Systems and Applications (DISA), we study and develop modern techniques for effective and efficient data management:
- Similarity-based indexing and searching
- Content-based multimedia processing
- Distributed data organization
To get a quick idea about our research, you may try some of our demo applications:
- October 20, 2016: Kiwi.com company organizes a competition on analyzing flight connections. More detailed information is available here.
- October 24-26, 2016: SISAP 2016 in Tokyo, Japan
Jan Sedmidubsky is presenting a paper Similarity Searching in Long Sequences of Motion Capture Data
Vladimir Mic is presenting a short paper Speeding up Similarity Search by Sketches
- October 24-28, 2016: CIKM 2016 in Indianapolis, USA
David Novak is presenting a paper Off the Beaten Path: Let’s Replace Term-Based Retrieval with k-NN Search
- September 20, 2016: Seminar of DISA Laboratory (PV253) again starts in Autumn 2016!
Seminar takes place each Tuesday between 8:00–10:00 in A319.
- September 5-8, 2016: DEXA 2016 in Porto, Portugal
Filip Nalepa is presenting a paper Enhancing Similarity Search Throughput by Dynamic Query Reordering
- August 28-31, 2016: ADBIS 2016 in Prague
Pavel Zezula is giving a keynote speech on Similarity Searching for Database ApplicationsMatej Antol is presenting a paper Optimizing Query Performance with Inverted Cache in Metric Spaces