Students will work in groups on a project during the second half of the semester. This is a requirement for finishing the course successfully.
Idea of the Project
- There are hundreds of “NoSQL” technologies and dozens of them are widely used.
- During the course, we will describe in detail some 6-8 technologies: HDFS, Hadoop MapReduce, Riak, Infinispan, MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j, Hive, ElasticSearch
- The students will explore other NoSQL database systems or other Big Data technologies, study their functionality, actually work with them, and present the findings to the others in the end of the semester.
- Students should form groups of three-four people.
- Each group will pick any NoSQL technology that is not discussed in the course in detail (approved by the teacher, different than other groups picked).
- write me an email with names within the group and with the preferred technology (or technologies)
- The work will cover these three areas:
- Study the functionality of the system (objectives, key features, drawbacks, etc.)
- Download, run and play with the system (practical work with the system)
- Prepare a presentation containing findings about the system