IBM Shared University Research Award
In September 2008, IBM Shared University Research (SUR) Award was awarded to our group for outstanding research activity. The IBM Shared University Research (SUR) Awards is a worldwide equipment award program designed to promote research in areas of mutual value and interest to IBM and universities.
Rector’s Award for Outstanding Creative Activity
In 2006, the MU Rector awarded several members of our team for authoring one of the first world’s monographs on metric-based similarity searching: Zezula, Pavel – Amato, Giuseppe – Dohnal, Vlastislav – Batko, Michal. Similarity Search: The Metric Space Approach. 2005. New York, NY 10013, USA : Springer, 2005. 220 pages. Advances in Database Systems, Vol. 32. ISBN 0-387-29146-6.
Rector’s Award for Long-time Research Excellence
The long-time work of Professor Zezula in the field of data management and especially his research of metric indexing structures have been appreciated by the Rector’s Award for Long-time Research Excellence in 2014.
Best Paper Award
PhD Thesis Awards
- Petra Budíková, 2013: Dean’s Award for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis
- Jan Sedmidubský, 2011: Rector’s Award for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis, Dean’s Award for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis
- David Novák, 2008: Dean’s Award for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis
- Michal Batko, 2007: Dean’s Award for Outstanding Doctoral Thesis
- Vlastislav Dohnal, 2005: Rector’s Award for the Best Students in Doctoral Programmes