Bachelor and Master Students
Any students interested in working in our lab are welcome! A brief warning – you shouldn’t be afraid of Java programming and occasional hard work. If you are still interested, you may want to check our offer of bachelor and diploma thesis themes. You can also contact any of the lab members and come to discuss your own ideas or questions.
We are currently looking for motivated PhD candidates willing to work in the area of advanced searching methods for digital data. Possible topics for PhD research include the following:
- Ranking and Relevance Feedback in Image Retrieval
- Similarity Search Architectures for WEB Databases
- Self-Organized Search Networks
- Computational Advertising
- Clustering and Categorization in Metric Spaces
- Similarity Search Applications: video, audio, music
- Similarity Searching: Beyond the Metric Space
- Data Cleaning and Integration
- Collaborative Filtering
- Performance Tuning on Distributed Hardware Infrastructures
- Approximative Similarity Search
- Dimensionality Reduction Techniques
Students interested in any of these (or related) topics are welcome to contact prof. Zezula.